[gst-devel] gst_element_connect

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Wed Apr 10 11:30:03 CEST 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> hi,
>
> gst_el_con seems to have changed to only take two arguments.  Judging from
> the code, it seems that it tries to connect EVERY src pad from the first
> to EVERY sink pad of the second.
>
> Is that the case ? Is that what is wanted ? I haven't glanced enough
> through it, but it sounds very wrong ;)

gst_element_connect () is what used to be gst_element_connect_elements.
gst_element_connect_pads is what used to be gst_element_connect.

If it is in fact the case that it connects every src to every sink, yes
that's quite wrong. It would need a quick fix then. I haven't had any
problems yet though, so I think it's acting as one might expect (connect
one pad from src to one pad from the sink). It's quite a useful
function; also see gst_element_connect_many (), also a simplifier.

regards,

wingo.