[gst-devel] a code question

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Thu Apr 11 04:23:07 CEST 2002

I would like to direct your attention to gstpad.c, line 2035.

I have a testsuite app where a pad with %02d is requested.
In my opinion this is valid.

The checks in gstpad.c however think it is not.

First of all, I think it is REALLY REALLY important that whoever added
these checks, ALSO runs the checks before thinking everything is ok.  If
you don't do this, there's no point in us trying to whip the testsuite
back into shape.  It is REALLY REALLY annoying to have to try to find out
what the original API changer intended to do if he doesn't also fixes the
tests.

Could somebody please tell me which of the two behaviours is the right one
so we can fix stuff ?

Thomas

"Get out before they go down, that's my motto !"
"That is SO not my motto..."
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->