[gst-devel] guadec results

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Apr 12 15:35:06 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 12:07, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> 1) We should separate backend and frontend in the player, just like every
> good app (beatbox :) does. So it shouldn't be too hard to write a player
> in theory.

Of course we should. That's what I'm doing in gst-record as well ;-).

> - We don't even have a gtk player and it is so much more important to have
> a working player in GNOME than something to demonstrate for KDE.

The plan is to write the kde-player together with a few persons after
the gnome-stuff all works properly.

Of course, Gnome goes first. But when that works, KDE needs attention
too. We need KDE to be aware of us, and generally, they're avoiding us,
probably because we are more gnome-centered then they'd like. This is
the easiest way to do that. It's a future plan, not a
FIXMEASSOONASPOSSIBLE thing.

Ronald

--
-   .-.