[gst-devel] Here's a pretty cool project ...

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Fri Apr 19 09:23:04 CEST 2002

> > IMO we should start to try and bring in more projects like this to achieve
> > more critical GStreamer mass.  We might turn up the PR factor a little.
>
> I added that to the wishlist a long long time ago:
> http://gstreamer.net/wiki/index.php?GstWishList
>
> The main problem at the time, and I think it is still so, is that the
> plugins use alot of SDL stuff.  They expect to get SDL user events.  We
> don't really have any code to deliver key presses and mouse clicks to
> plugins.  Not to mention the issues if we chain these things and they
> all can handle the same key press.

Hm, yeah, but the code doing the effects could be separated out to libs.
The keypresses are used to control settings of effects, and to generate
a reference image to compare other video bits to.  So that sort of thing
can be provided by another app.  I.e., you hand a plugin one frame, and
then video to go against.  It should be doable, IMO.

Of course, I'm not a video person <g>

Thomas

If only you'd come back to me
If you laid at my side