[gst-devel] XVID plugin and one question

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Apr 30 08:16:04 CEST 2002

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, g.insolvibile at cpr.it wrote:

> Hello coders,
>
> this is my first mail on the list, so before asking my question I
> would like to thank all the gstreamer proud developers for their great
> work. The whole framework is awesome!

thanks, it's much appreciated ;)

> gst-launch filesrc location=xXx_trailer.m4v ! avidemux video_00!
> xviddec ! disksink location=test
>
> I get errors because the xviddec sink did not get connected to the
> video_00 source.

Avidemux's pads are created only when it receives the muxed stream and
it figures out what it contains; depending on the mime type that you set
for xviddec's sink pad, it could be that the capabilities don't match.
Run gst-launch --gst-mask=-1, that should tell you what didn't match up.
It might be that avidemux has to be hacked to accomodate xvid, you'll
have to talk to wtay or BBB about that.

regards,

wingo