[gst-devel] GstClockTime

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Aug 7 13:02:04 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 18:11, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> i notice that GstClockTime is typedef'd to guint64.  Why not gint64
> (signed)?  time_t is signed.  struct timeval is signed.  Unsigned math
> is a pain because we always have to worry about underflow.

GstClockTime is intended for 'time-from-start-of-movie', so it starts at
0 and increments from there. If you want differences in time, you would
use gint64 (as you mentioned), not GstClocktime, which is intended only
for use as 'media timeoffset  from beginning of media'.

Ronald

--
-   .-.
-   /V\    | Ronald Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>