[gst-devel] Re: pthread_attr_setstacksize limitation (fwd)

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Aug 27 21:37:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> Is this something that might be useful to us ?

This is the reason that cothreads was borked on your redhat boxen,
because they provided 686 packages which enabled this new feature. The
thing is, getrlimit returns -1 for the max stack size for od libc's, so
this isn't of a whole lot of use. Maybe I can get the cothreads tests to
pass reliably if I think hard enough about it, though... I wuold be
interested about the possibility of 8M+ stacks, come to think of it.

peace,

wingo.