[gst-devel] gstreamer for simulation purposes?

ml ml at knorke.in-berlin.de
Thu Aug 29 14:21:04 CEST 2002

Hallo,

has anybody ever thought about "mis-using" gstreamer for
simulation purposes (e.g. simulation of industrial
processes, computer networks, or communication protocols)?
While I'm totally new to gstreamer, I have the impression
that the framework is very powerful and could be used for
such things.

Btw., is there a CORBA access to gstreamer?  This would be
quite useful, but the GnoStream project seems to be
sleeping.

Btw2: I didn't find documentation on writing plugins in
Python - is it possible, to do this?

I'm looking forward seeing gstremer in Debian GNU/Linux
officially soon :-)

Cheers!