[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] wtay gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ext/mpeg2dec/

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Thu Dec 19 12:53:07 CET 2002

* Wim Taymans <wtay at users.sourceforge.net> [20021219 15:10]:
> - moved CC parsing to GOP state
>        case STATE_GOP:
> +        if (info->user_data_len > 0) {
> +        }
>          break;
>        case STATE_PICTURE:
>        {

I was told that user_data can appear in states other than GOP.  For DVDs
the closed caption user_data only appears in the GOP state so this fix
will work for my current needs. ;)  But there may be other streams out
there that need user_data from other states.  Which is why I put it
where it was before.

>       *
>       * FIXME: should pass more information such as state the user data is from
>       */

Maybe you want to move this comment too?

-dave