[gst-devel] seeking

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Dec 31 02:52:03 CET 2002

I traced down my error to the send_event code.  Seems a "get_random_pad"
function was added to handle forwarding of pads.

In short, what happens is this :

the pipeline is (gnomevfssrc ! vorbisfile ! audiosink) where audiosink is
a parsed bin of the gconf key, so in my case contains osssink sync= false

an event gets sent on audiosink, which is the bin
the bin has one sink pad, which gets queried for direction and usability
for some reason it is unusable.

My guess is that it is unusable because the usability flag of the ghost
pad isn't linked to the usability flag of the real pad or something like
that.

Anybody have an idea what i can do there ? I commented out the usability
check for now until we fix this if that's ok.

Thomas

Ik heb vannacht gedronken en gezien
Hoe jij van mij nooit krijgt wat je verdient
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->