[gst-devel] GStreamer 0.5.0 - What should we do

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Fri Feb 1 06:27:40 CET 2002

Hi people.
As we want a version of GStreamer to be bundled with the upcomming GNOME
2.0 release, we are planning a release called 0.5.0 which in our
calendar in the dotplan is scheduled for March 10.

In order for us to be able to do that we need something that is rather
stable and have the needed features to be usefull for making at least
simple appliations like a mediaplayer. It is not however meant to be
feature complete and useable for everything hence the 0.5 not 1.0
number.

Of course one thing is saying this yet another is actually making that
release happen and being confident that it is something we want to see
shipped with the vast majority of distributions etc.

So first of all I would like everyone to think of bugs that we currently
have in GStreamer that we really need to fix before 0.5 and add it to
the 0.5 workplan in the dotplan document. Everyone with CVS access can
easily update the dotplan as it is found in the www CVS module.
Alternativly contanct me by mail or on IRC.

Secondly we have some tasks on the dotplan that I have been moving
upwards on the release tree for some months now as releases have been
done without the plugins etc. being fixed. I don't want the dotplan to
be a list of maybe's. So could everyone look at the dotplan and if they
see anything with their name on, please tell me if it will be done or if
I should remove it from the dotplan.

The dotplan can as alwys be found on:
http://www.gstreamer.net/dotplan/

Christian