[gst-devel] Re: Debian GStreamer packages, libgst.a conflict

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Wed Feb 6 11:22:10 CET 2002

* Jason Riedy <ejr at CS.Berkeley.EDU> [20020206 13:58]:
> FYI, libgst.a is also used by GNU Smalltalk.  I don't suppose
> you could use libgstreamer or some other self-descriptive name?

Ok, I have _NO_ idea what to do about this.  I'm going to guess both
upstream groups don't want to rename their core libs.  GStreamer crew
seems to want to shorten everything from gstreamer to gst as is.

GStreamer people: Any ideas?  Debian policy doesn't allow packages to
have file names that conflict.

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/