[gst-devel] Re: [gst-daily] looking for libglib

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Thu Feb 7 05:05:02 CET 2002

> On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 12:55, Pantelis Nasikas wrote:
> > I'm trying to install gstream (RH 7.1 && AthlonXP 1600+)
> > and I can't find anywhere on the web libglib1.3.12 for i386.
> > I've only found ppc + alpha versions.
> > You would be most helpfull if you could put on the web
> > all the libs needed for a proper installation or
> > point out a URL to get them.

Hi,

If you're using RH 7.1, you shouldn't be trying to get it from source.
Find RPM's for it.
You basically have two options which we try to support as best as we can :

a) use ximian's gnome2 development snapshots; this is a good idea if you
added the ximian desktop to your red hat install.

b) use gnomehide rpm's; these are maintained by Havoc Pennington from
redhat and can be gotten by ftp from people.redhat.com/hp

Both options are equally valid but I would advise against mixing and
matching from both unless you know what you're doing.

The gnomehide rpm's are fully parallel-installable if you also upgrade
your gnome1 libs and packages from that site.  Ximian's are now supposed
to be parallel-installable too.

Thomas

When you can't trust yourself
trust someone else