[gst-devel] re: the smalltalk issue

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Sat Feb 9 13:22:03 CET 2002

Hi,

so I did some more build cleanups and I added the package version to all
of the .so files as agreed with omega.

I also wanted to change libgst to libgstreamer but maybe we should think
that through a little first ? (We have to do this because GNU SmallTalk
uses the same namespace btw).

For example, we probably only want to change libgst to libgstreamer and
leave the rest as is.  But, for example, what do we do with the header ?
SmallTalk-devel package has it in /usr/include/gst.h

Does that conflict with ours or not ?

On an unrelated note : I still don't know if m4's should go in the dist or
not ? Or is aclocal.m4 the thing that needs to be dist'd ? Let me know.

Thomas

I used to play with toy guns and knives with my daddy
He never taught me how to kill
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->