[gst-devel] automatic build

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Wed Feb 13 05:53:17 CET 2002

Hi,

I've started setting up a chroot environment for automatic gstreamer
builds so that we can test builds in various situations and produce rpm's
for both ximian gnome2 and gnomehide gnome2, as well as build gstreamer
with and without xml.

To set this up ok, I would like to know what you all think we need to test
with this build chroot.

For example :

* should I build from cvs in this root, or should I make a tarball and put
  this in the root then build from that ? I seem to remember taaz among
  others having opinions about what goes in the tarball.
* should make distcheck be run in the chroot ?
  Two issues :
  a) then I need to bring in some of the doc tools as well
  b) it seems that, when doing this on a clean system, the tests will
     complain about a missing register and fail.  How do we solve this ?
     1) run gst-register before a make distcheck (not a good idea imo)
     2) find a way to make tests run without a registry or a temp registry ?

* what sets of prereq's do we want to work with ?
  * stock rh72/rh72 + errata/rh72 with ximian
  * with and without libxml
  * standard build tools (if from tarball) vs cutting edge build tools

Any input and ideas are much appreciated. I'd like to get this up and
running soon ;)

Thomas

When you can't trust yourself
trust someone else