[gst-devel] plugin checks

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Wed Feb 20 01:50:02 CET 2002

Hi,

atm make distcheck fails for me on one of the machines because the check
tests the lame plugin and that plugin is not registered.  If it is it's
only because it's the installed plugin, which is not useful for the test
anyway is it ? ;)

Wingo added a trick to get gstreamer to register plugins first in
testsuite.

My question is, should I put the same trick in the lame dir for the lame
test ? Isn't that a bit overkill if we're going to do that for all the
plugins ? Is there some way around it ? For example, I seem to remember it
should be possible to just link in the plugin.  Is that easy to do ? What
should be the best way to test this stuff ?

Thomas

What should I tell her
She's going to ask
If I ignore it it gets uncomfortable