[gst-devel] seeking changed in 0.3.2

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Tue Feb 26 00:56:03 CET 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 09:39:49AM +0100, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> Hm, I guess the reason nobody answers is that events are currently borked.

Well, thanks for a straight answer.

> We (wtay and me) were and are still thinking about a good and working way
> to use events.
> I am going to rewrite the event code nearly from scratch once I have the
> time. So I would be very happy if I didn't need to debug that stuff. :)
>
> And the best suggestion I can give is "don't use it or rewrite it".
> Sorry.

i understand the need to more forward, but "seek to a byte offset" is
critical to my application.  It was working in 0.2.0 through 0.3.1.
Someone broke it.  Here are some ideas i might pursue within a few
weeks:

+ Write a regression test for "seek to byte offset".

+ Verify that the seeking broke between 0.3.1 and 0.3.2.

+ Submit a patch to back-out whatever changes broke the seeking between
0.3.1 and 0.3.2.

> I know somebody will flame me on IRC for being so negative, but oh well...

Flames are irrelevant.  i just want working code.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org