[gst-devel] seeking changed in 0.3.2

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Tue Feb 26 01:00:02 CET 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 09:52:14AM +0100, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 16:16, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > redael-filmview (pid:3503): GStreamer-ERROR **: file gstpad.c:
> > line 1502 (gst_real_pad_dispose): assertion failed: (GST_PAD_PEER
> > (pad) == NULL)
>
> Isn't this a bug? Why should the peer pad be NULL for an event to take
> place?

Or more importantly, why is submitting an event causing the source pad
to get destroyed?  It seems like a ref-counting problem.  i tried
g_object_ref on the pad, but then it gets stuck in g_tree_search
in filesrc.  See my original email for stack traces.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org