[gst-devel] seeking changed in 0.3.2

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Wed Feb 27 00:54:02 CET 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 08:33:39PM +0100, Wim Taymans wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 09:59, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > Or more importantly, why is submitting an event causing the source pad
> > to get destroyed?  It seems like a ref-counting problem.  i tried
> > g_object_ref on the pad, but then it gets stuck in g_tree_search
> > in filesrc.  See my original email for stack traces.
>
> I suspect a refcounting problem too, when an event is fires, the first
> pad that receives the event is refcounted and marked as the source for
> the event. An unref occurs on gst_event_free. It gets a little hard to
> keep refcounting consistent as events are not refcounted (to be
> changed).
>
> Can you try to track this down?

Sure, but before i dive into the code, can i run a few questions by you?

* Is it a new "feature" that events are holding references to the pad?

* Did you check the correctness of the event handling code in mpegdemux?
(Each event is copied per sink pad and submitted downstream.)

* Can you think of any unrelated, suspicious changes in filesrc which
might cause problems?

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org