[gst-devel] make distcheck woes

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Sat Jan 5 02:34:01 CET 2002

Hey guys,

I've been having a problem with make distcheck the last few weeks.  I'm
not sure how we should solve it.

The problem is with the tests and seems to come from the fact that the
registry needs rebuilding before the tests run.

Here's the end of make distcheck for reference :

GStreamer-WARNING **: gstplugin: registry needs rebuild: run gst-register

GLib-INFO: 15 mem chunks
GLib-INFO: GstBuffer: 0 bytes using 0 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GstEvent: 0 bytes using 0 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GstCaps: 0 bytes using 0 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GstProps: 0 bytes using 0 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GstPropsEntries: 0 bytes using 0 mem areas
GLib-INFO: array mem chunk: 20 bytes using 1 mem areas
GLib-INFO: string mem chunk: 12 bytes using 1 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GLib default GSList allocator: 376 bytes using 1 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GtkDisconnectInfo mem chunk: 0 bytes using 0 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GtkSignalHash mem chunk: 60 bytes using 1 mem areas
GLib-INFO: hash node mem chunk: 3576 bytes using 4 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GLib default GList allocator: 2808 bytes using 2 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GPollRec mem chunks (32): 12 bytes using 1 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GLib GTreeNode mem chunk: 60 bytes using 1 mem areas
GLib-INFO: GHook Memchunk: 40 bytes using 1 mem areas
+
GStreamer-CRITICAL **: file ../../gst/gstscheduler.c: line 540
(gst_schedulerfactory_make): assertion `name != NULL' failed.
lt-cleanup1 (pid:23983): [E]xit, [H]alt, show [S]tack trace or [P]roceed:

I'm not sure the registry is at fault, but running the test manually from
the dir doesn't give problems.

So, what is the best way to run gst-register before the tests in make
distcheck, maybe preferably with a temporary registry so as to not mess up
the user- or system-wide registry ?

For now I'll comment this test out again.  I'd rather it would only be
uncommented when it passes a full make distcheck for someone, otherwise
running make distcheck is useless ;)

Thomas

I can't go away with you on a rock climbing weekend
What if something's on TV and it's never shown again
Just as well I'm not invited I'm afraid of heights
I lied about being the outdoor type
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->