[gst-devel] Gstreamer internationalization?

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Sun Jan 6 18:23:03 CET 2002

On Sat, 05 Jan 2002, Christian Rose wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Are there any current plans on making Gstreamer and its sample frontends
> localizable with gettext?

Well, here you have two issues. One are the debugging bessages of
gstreamer. These change more or less frequently and would be more
difficult to keep up-to-date. On the other hand you have the frontends,
by which right now really you mean the player. That certainly needs
translation. Our player maintainer, arik, is ill right now but we wish
him a speedy recovery both for his sake and for our own ;-)

> I'm asking this because I'm myself interested in providing a Swedish
> translation once this is possible, and I would at the same time also
> make sure that the pot file would be available to the GNOME Translation
> Project so that other GNOME translators can translate it too.

I'm sure that arik would be interested in seeing the player app adopted
as widely as possible. IIRC his email is arik at gnome dot org.

best regards,

wingo