[gst-devel] [ gstreamer-Bugs-502958 ] Vorbisdec should warn about old ogg

noreply at sourceforge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 13 02:16:01 CET 2002

Bugs item #502958, was opened at 2002-01-13 02:15
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=101936&aid=502958&group_id=1936

Category: plugins
Group: build problem

Initial Comment:
After building the vorbis decoder on my debian system
with  libogg-1.0beta4 I had problems with some ogg
streams.(http://www.vorbis.com/music/zencowboys_madworld.ogg)

./gst-launch filesrc location="Mad World" ! vorbisdec !
fakesink silent=true

Produced:
vorbisdec0: bitrate_window: 0
GStreamer-WARNING **: pad vorbisdec0:src tried to set
caps incompatible with its padtemplate
Floating exception

After upgrading libvorbis and libogg to 1.0rc3 I could
play them flawlessly.

Solution:
The make system should warn about old ogg versions.
(Perhaps older than rc2)