[gst-devel] xvideosink embedding

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Mon Jan 21 21:51:03 CET 2002

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 05:50:36PM +0100, Wim Taymans wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 12:10, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> >   gtk_socket_steal (GTK_SOCKET (fv->gtk_socket),
> > 		    gst_util_get_int_arg (G_OBJECT(fv->x11sink), "xid"));
>
> Also make sure that you only get the xid when the videosink is in at
> least the READY state.

Fixed.

> > 2. Another problem, gst-register isn't detecting whether it needs to rebuild
> > the database properly.  i always get the following warning whether i run
> > gst-register or not:
> >
> >   GStreamer-WARNING **: gstplugin: registry needs rebuild: run gst-register
> >
> > Any clue or should i dive into the source code?  Without a clean registry,
> > debugging becomes incredibly slow because all the plugins load instead of
> > the 4-6 plugins which i actually need.
>
> I've seen this problem when both libxml1 and libxml2 are linked to
> either a plugin or -launch or libgst.so. Make sure *everything* links
> against the same version of libxml and it'll be solved.

It appears that the pkg-config file for gstreamer as installed by the
0.3.1 debs wants xml1 instead of xml2.  After i changed it to xml2
and recompiled then it stopped complaining about the registry.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org