[gst-devel] app problem

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Wed Jan 30 06:51:09 CET 2002

Hi,

I have a problem with a simple app I'm coding at the moment and I suspect
it's because of the recent caps changes.  So I tried solving it and
something was not very clear to me.

The pipeline is osssrc - tee - encoder - disksink

The problem seems to be that when the pipeline is set to play, osssrc
doesn't have fixed caps yet, and thus they don't seem to be proxied to the
tee src pad.
I get the warning
(process:19494): GStreamer-WARNING **: trying to set non fixed caps on pad
muxer:src0

Now, I don't know what is the best way to fix this.  SHould the app set
caps on osssrc first ? That would be ok, but not ideal; imo osssrc should
use the default settings.  It does, actually, since before this error it
says
setting sound card to 44101KHz 16 bit stereo (0 bytes buffer, 128
fragment)

but it seems like osssrc doesn't fix the caps at that moment.  I remember
changing things in osssrc that involved doing that.
So it seems to me that the best thing would be to set it in osssrc atm the
default values are used, when it is setting the soundcard properties.

Am I right here or not ?

Thomas

I've been told
only fools rush in