[gst-devel] httpsrc with bad URL: while(1) { malloc(); };

Rodney Dawes dobey at free.fr
Sat Jul 13 13:32:03 CEST 2002

Yes. It's a bug. File one. :)
As for gnomevfssrc, it'll be able to play mms:// in the near future
also. FWIW, I also ended up playing stuff over an smb share, through
an ssh tunnel one night, just to screw around with gstreamer. It worked
perfectly. And then again, the gnome-vfs2 dependencies are less than
those for 1.4. :)

-- dobey

On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 16:07, Michael Rothwell wrote:
    On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 15:58, Xavier Bestel wrote:
    > Try gnomevfssrc ?

    Yes, that works. It's not quite as svelte as httpsrc, though (I'm
    writing software for a low-storage, low-cpu, low-memory set-top box).
    gnomevfssrc consumes 1.5MB more than httpsrc, not to mention the extra
    library requirements. I may try to use it yet, if only to get nice
    things like smb:// :)

    Besides, this qualifies, I think, as a bug in httpsrc, regardless.

    Thanks,

    --
    Michael Rothwell
    e: rothwell at holly-springs.nc.us