[gst-devel] mixing to different-bitrate audio streams

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Sun Jul 14 13:13:02 CEST 2002

On 14 Jul 2002, Michael Rothwell wrote:

> MPEG 1.0 layer III, 192 kbit/s, 44100 Hz joint-stereo
> MPEG 1.0 layer III, 64 kbit/s, 44100 Hz mono
>
> When I add file1 to the pipeline first, file2 plays very quickly, and
> with increased pitch.

My guess is that the adder is not being strict about the channel count of
the audio, so it thinks its getting 88200Hz mono from the first file, or
22050Hz from the second, depending on which you add first.  Adding a
stereo2mono after the first decoder or a mono2stereo after the second
should fix the problem.

There really should be an audio 'task force' to go through all the
raw-audio plugins and determine what features they need to have, and add
them.  I know there's a lot of support code I could make use of in my
mixmatrix plugin that's common across all of them.  The main thing we have
to handle is just properly dealing with all the formats, or otherwise
making sure that stuff like the above doesn't happen silently.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_