[gst-devel] Re: gst_gnomevfssrc_close_file () -> gnome_vfs_handle_destroy () -> gnome_vfs_uri_unref () -> SIGSEGV

Michael Meeks michael at ximian.com
Mon Jul 29 03:24:04 CEST 2002

Hi Michael,

On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 19:53, Michael Rothwell wrote:
> it releases the gnomevfssrc, which crashes in gnome_vfs_uri_unref ().

	What sort of URI are you using ? file:, or something exotic ?

> In the learned opinions of the list denizens, is this a gstreamer
> problem, or a gnomevfs problem?

	Who can guess ? but I think the fault for innumerable un-fixable bugs
will also lie with your package vendor:

> 0x40308820 in gnome_vfs_uri_unref () from /usr/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x40308820 in gnome_vfs_uri_unref () from
> /usr/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0

	There are no useful debugging symbols in that library !
> #4  0x402ad864 in gst_element_set_state (element=0x80a5468,
> state=GST_STATE_READY)
>     at gstelement.c:1931

	There are in this one - which I assume you build yourself.

	So - as a short term solution hammer on the person you got your
gnome-vfs package from until they ship with debugging symbols. Then we
might have more of a chance of solving the problem trivially.
Alternatively read every method in the stack trace looking for sillies.

	In the meantime of course - building your own gnome-vfs is probably the
best option ( from CVS use the gnome-2-0 tag. ie cvs -z3 checkout -r
gnome-2-0 gnome-vfs ).

	HTH,

		Michael.

--