[gst-devel] DEBUG output

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Jun 18 03:05:05 CEST 2002

Hi Thomas,

At 11:17 AM 6/18/02 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>Cryptic ? You're reading through all that debug output and it's the I and
>D at the beginning that you would find cryptic ? Hm ;)

Well. I actually agree that INFO/DEBUG would make sense... They're not the
real problem here...

What might be nice is being able to use --gst-mask=-1 both with and without
colors, so that if we >> it to a file for logging, it's still understandable.
I find logged debug messages quite ununderstandable, largely because of the
color-codes which are plain-text'ed... :-).
Besides that, indenting sounds very, very nice.

Ronald