[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] richardb gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/gst/monoscope/ gst-plugins/gst/synaesthesia/

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Sat Mar 2 04:51:04 CET 2002

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 12:36, Richard Boulton wrote:
> Log message:
>

> Modified files:
>     .               : configure.ac
>     gst/synaesthesia: gstsynaesthesia.c
> Added files:
>     gst/monoscope   : .cvsignore Makefile.am README convolve.c
>                       convolve.h gstmonoscope.c monoscope.c
>                       monoscope.h

Somehow, I managed to fluff this commit, so there wasn't a log message.

I've just added a new plugin to cvs: "monoscope", a direct port of
alsaplayer's monoscope visualisation plugin.  This just displays a
waveform of the current sound, but has nice smoothing, and cunning use
of a convolution to ensure that successive frames display the closest
matching piece of waveform, giving a much nicer looking view than a more
simplistic display (eg, the "chart" plugin).

It could do with several bits of tidying up, but seems to work well
enough.  Comments welcome.

--
Richard