[gst-devel] GStreamer core build issue

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Sat Mar 2 08:39:06 CET 2002

Ok, I have gotten a little further in my documentation building now, but
it still fails. Below is direct cut'n paste from terminal window.
----------------------

Quotes from the Developers

    As well as being a cool piece of software,
    GStreamer is a lively project, with
    developers from around the globe very actively contributing.
    We often hang out on the #gstreamer IRC channel on
    irc.openprojects.net: the following are a selection of amusing
    No guarantee of sense of humour compatibility is given.
     quotes from our conversations.

        wtay:
        I shipped a few commerical products to >40000 people now but
        GStreamer is way more exciting...

        *
        tool-man
        is a gstreamer groupie

        Omega:
          did you run ldconfig?  maybe it talks to init?

        wtay:
          not sure, don't think so...
          I did run gstreamer-register though :-)

        Omega:
          ah, that did it then ;-)

        wtay:
          right

        Omega:
          probably not, but in case GStreamer starts turning into an OS,
someone please let me know?

        wtay:
        me tar, you rpm?

        wtay:
        hehe, forgot "zan"

        Omega:
        ?

        wtay:
        me tar"zan", you ...

	Omega:
	that means probably building an agreggating, cache-massaging
	queue to shove N buffers across all at once, forcing cache
	transfer.

	wtay:
        never done that before...

	Omega:
	nope, but it's easy to do in gstreamer <g>

	wtay:
	sure, I need to rewrite cp with gstreamer too, someday :-)

        wtay:
	GStreamer; always at least one developer is awake...

      5/6 Jan 2001

        wtay:
	we need to cut down the time to create an mp3 player down to
	seconds...

        richardb:
	:)

        Omega:
	I'm wanting to something more interesting soon, I did the "draw an
mp3
	player in 15sec" back in October '99.

        wtay:
	by the time Omega gets his hands on the editor, you'll see a
	complete audio mixer in the editor :-)

        richardb:
	Well, it clearly has the potential...

        Omega:
	Working on it... ;-)

        MPAA:
        We will sue you now, you have violated our IP rights!

        wtay:
        hehehe

        MPAA:
        How dare you laugh at us? We have lawyers! We have Congressmen!
We have LARS!

        wtay:
        I'm so sorry your honor

        MPAA:
        Hrumph.

        *
        wtay
        bows before thy

        taaz: you witchdoctors and your voodoo mpeg2 black magic...
        omega_: um.  I count three, no four different cults there
<g>
        ajmitch: hehe
        omega_: witchdoctors, voodoo, black magic,
        omega_: and mpeg

mv *.html gstreamer-manual
mv: cannot stat `*.html': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [gstreamer-manual] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gstreamer-0.3.2.1/docs/manual'make[2]: ***
[all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gstreamer-0.3.2.1/docs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gstreamer-0.3.2.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

RPM build errors:
[root at localhost gstr