[gst-devel] dist tarballs

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Thu May 9 09:04:01 CEST 2002

* Andy Wingo <wingo at pobox.com> [20020509 11:46]:
> On Thu, 09 May 2002, David I. Lehn wrote:
>
> > Sorry if I broke things.  I got distracted before finishing the job and
> > didn't do a proper full test.
>
> Your changes looked correct, but I think it's an automake bug that's
> preventing recursion to common/m4. It's very strange. I wouldn't mind
> including them if it were possible. Still, why do you have to patch the
> build system? That would be the logical place to solve the problems.

Various reasons.  Like applying a patch from CVS that touchs a
Makefile.am.  Or some difference between redhat and debian requires an
extra flag be added somewhere.  Yeah, I could just hack on the
Makefile.ins or the generated configure script but that is no fun.

sigh... i thought this was going to just be a minor fix and no one would
notice. ;)

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://crib.lehn.org:8080/~dlehn/