[gst-devel] set_state(PAUSED) not enough for spider to change its connection?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue May 14 13:11:03 CEST 2002

> to change "location"(=music file) on the playing,
> I set PAUSED to thread and give new location to gnomevfssrc,
> and start again by PLAYING.

You should start with a pipeline, and only set it to play when you know
the location and can set it on gnomevfssrc.

Then you only have one transition, and spider will work.

At this moment, spider will not automatically re-plug itself for a new
media file.  This is something that needs to be fixed in GStreamer itself.

Thomas

Well baby let me shake it
If I can move it with you will you let me take it
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->