[gst-devel] 0.4.2 still crashes on Mandrake 9.0

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Nov 4 01:44:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> the compiler flags include -O3, that are the default Mandrake flags.
> There were no problems yet with gcc 3.2 caused by optimization that
> I'm aware of. The complete flags:
> -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=i586 -ffast-math -fno-strength-reduce

Ok, guess if one of us has a lot of time on our hands we should start
experimenting with opt flags because we are very sure some of them are
breaking the build.  I don't know if it's an error on our part (it might)
or if it's because we do some funky thread and stack manipulation.

> > Don't use -O3.
> > If it's not that, please let us know what the opt flags are.
> I'll try to build it without optimization tonight. But if my memory
> doesn't serve me wrong I've already done this with the last version I
> tried (0.4.1) and it didn't help.

Try a complete unoptimized build and see what it gives - if that works, we
will see which combination of opt flags gives the problem.
BTW, I'm suggesting this because we had a lot of gentoo users complain and
for all of them the problem went away with default opt flags, removing
-O3.

Thomas

- I didn't say I wanted you out of my life.
  It's just...with the ironing, the new mattress,
  they all just seem like things that are a little further
  down the line, that's all.
- Further down the line than all the sex we've been having?
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->