[gst-devel] Problems with schedulers and other assorted nonsense

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Sun Nov 10 06:21:01 CET 2002

I've got this pipeline, looks like this all inside a GstThread

filesrc ! spider ! oneton[1] ! f2i ! mysink

Works fine if I change spider to mad and make sure filesrc is an mp3.
However when I run it as a spider it breaks. It used to work fine, but
not anymore.

I've done some of my own debugging and found that using the basicomega
scheduler the oneton's connect function never receives fixed caps, and
so never creates a new src pad, so the f2i is never connected etc...

With the basicwingo scheduler it gets further, the oneton receives the
fixed caps, creates two new pads (for a 2 channel audio stream), the f2i
is connected to both, the mysink is connected as well, the pipeline is
set to playing and .... nothing. It just sits there.

I've put the debug and info logs at
http://www.prettypeople.org/~iain/basic-omega.log.gz
http://www.prettypeople.org/~iain/basic-wingo.log.gz
for your perusal.

Any idea what changes might have been made to make this all stop
working?

iain
[1] takes 1 N-channel audio/raw and outputs N 1-channel audio/raw
    In the diagram there are N f2i's which all request a sinkpad from
    mysink.
--
"I am the clerk, the technician, the mechanic, the driver. They said, Do
this, do that, don't look left or right, don't read the text. Don't look