[gst-devel] Re: Audio but no video - Is there any SuSE user who can help? [was: undefined reference while compiling gst-player-0.4.1]

Georg Waldschmidt georg.waldschmidt at gmx.de
Thu Oct 3 08:11:02 CEST 2002

Hello Thomas,
thanks for answering. My ".pc" files were ok, but it seems to
me that the update of the gnome2 packages was broken. Now I have
updated to SuSE 8.1 and gst-player compiles.
But there is a new problem:
I can play mp3 files but when I try to play a mpeg file, I just
have the audio, no video.
I assume, this is caused by the missing plugin:
dxr3videosink
The config.log shows:
linux/em8300.h : No such file or directory
I have installed the kernel sources, but there is no
em8300.h file

Is the missing dxr3videosink plugin the reason that there is no video ?
And is there any SuSE user in this list, who can tell me what to do,
because it seems to me, that there is no dxr3 module in the kernel
sources.

Regards,
Georg