[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] theuraeus www: www/apps/

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Sat Oct 12 09:09:04 CEST 2002

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Christian Schaller wrote:

> CVS Root:       /cvsroot/gstreamer
> Module:         www
> Changes by:     theuraeus
> Date:           Sat Oct 12 2002  03:10:23 PDT
>
> Log message:
> fix up apps page a little, more work forthcomming
>
> Modified files:
>     apps            : index.php

[...]

> +<h2>Gstreamer Editor</h2>
>   We also include a graphical pipeline contruction interface similar in
>   It was recently rewritten from the group up and ported to Gnome 2.

The naming of the editor is pretty odd, imo. In the title bar I have
"GStreamer Pipeline Editor". I have that in Help -> About as well. The
binary name is gst-editor. In apps/gst-editor/ I have "The Gstreamer
Pipeline Editor (gst-editor) ...".

I like having both a long and a short name. GStreamer Pipeline Editor
seems like a reasonable long name (just "GStreamer Editor" makes one
wonder what is being edited), and I also like to refer to it as
gst-editor in shorthand. On the web site I try to maintain the
distinction by writing <tt>gst-editor</tt> so as to avoid confusion.

Anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter. If you have any suggestions,
please let me know -- it's a bit confusing. In any case we need to be
consistent in name usage.

regards,

wingo.