[gst-devel] videowidget

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Fri Oct 25 09:28:04 CEST 2002

Hey all (and especially Steve)

I've been trying to fiigure out what to do with gstvideowidget.

Firstly, what does it do ? It seems to be providing a gtk video widget
using gstreamer playback, somehow embedding (theoretically) any video
widget inside a gtk widget.

If this is the case, hurrah ! ;)

Right now it lives in libs/gst/player, which seems to be the wrong place
for it, since player is the gnome-specific library, while this seems a
pure gtk widget ?

If it is, we might want to move it to a separate directory somehow.  It
seems like this widget is usable for anything from totem conversion to
gstreamer to nautilus embedding.

It should also be in a separate library, IMO, something like
libgstgtkwidget or something.

Also, where should it be installed to ?
right now it ends up as
$(includedir)/gst-player-(version)/gst/gstvideowidget.h

To conform to our other libs, it should probably end up as videowidget.h
instead (or something including gtk in the name if we change the canonical
name for it - I suppose a qtvideowidget could exist too), and possibly in
it's own subdirectory.

Let me know what you think so I can clean this up before 0.4.2

Thanks
Thomas

I have these hands teeming with love for you
But you're not here to touch
You said you'd wait but it's killing me
When I need something that much
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->