[gst-devel] GStreamer bugzilla status preparing for 0.4.1

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Mon Sep 9 08:06:12 CEST 2002

Hi team,
Thomas suggested I try setting up a bug status report to see if we can
nail most of the bugzilla bugs before putting out 0.4.1. Remember it is
better to try and keep the bug count low from the outset so we don't end
up like Nautilus with 400 bugs and a feeling of looking at a mountain
whenever we try to tackle bugzilla.

There are currently 28 open bugs on GStreamer. I will here list the
important bugs I think we should try and tackle before 0.4.1.

You find the full list at:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L19F31BB1

Even if I hope everyone looks at the main list and help close as many
bugs possible from that list I have here a priority buglist. These are
showstopper bugs for the people involved and fixing them is important so
that our applications developers are able to help promote GStreamer by
providing GStreamer based applications. I urge everyone to look at these
and try fixing those that are within your sphere of influence and
through that make 0.4.1 a truly spectacular release.

87882 state change in top-level thread not passed down to child bin
87380 libdv plug-in doesn't close decoder library properly
88548 adder plugin stops with just one channel disconnect
88702 gnomevfssrc, gstreamer, pipeline _READY -> segv
89568 gst_pad_try_set_caps should return more than boolean
89573 crash when unreffing gnomevfssrc
89622 -Wall and -Werror break non gcc compilers (Sun Showstopper!)
90744 segfault with v4lsrc + median + sdlvideosink
89574 mad plugin fails to play certain files
90471 Autoplug functions only available with varargs

Christian
P.S. Everyone who fix one of these high-pri bugs can demand a free beer
from me at GUADEC in Dublin next year :)