[gst-devel] exciting stuff

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Wed Sep 11 16:27:03 CEST 2002

Hey guys,

for some exciting stuff I got mailed today, check the quick screenshot I
made late tonight at

http://thomas.apestaart.org/linux/screenshots.png

and try to guess what's so special about it ;)

Now to make it even more special, we might have to fix some small issues.

A collection of hints by the developer on which you can respond :

- gstreamer is broken when its used in that way,
  or there is a weird socket/canvas interaction bug, or something else
  for instance, gstreamer is never emiting the "have_xid" signal
- after looking at the xvideosink code, it should emit a have_xid
  signal once it creates a window, since i'm setting need_new_window to
  true
  i don't think xvideosink works unless its used as a toplevel window

I'm not sure how gst-player currently "steals" the xvideosink window, can
that approach be used by other apps as well ?

Later
Thomas

If lovin' you is wrong
then I don't wanna be right