[gst-devel] Getting output capabilities

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Fri Sep 13 13:38:04 CEST 2002

I was looking for a way to get all the mimetypes that GStreamer can
convert audio/raw to. I realised that being able to connect elements in
all sorts of funny ways made this quite complicated, so I limited myself
to one element. Then it became easy: Get the list of factories from the
registry, get all their pad templates, get all the sinks that can accept
audio/raw and see what they output.

Except then I hit a snag: Things like afsink don't have any src pads, so
they take in audio/raw, but there's no way to find out what they output.

Any ideas on how to do this, or do we need to add some way for plugins
to say explicitly what they can create?

iain
--
"Laws are like cobwebs; strong enough to detain only the weak, and too
weak to hold the strong" - Anacharsis