[gst-devel] some proposed changes to xvideosink

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Sep 13 15:41:05 CEST 2002

Hi all,

xvideosink needs some changes. See bug 92958 in bugzilla for reasons.

The problem is clear: xvideosink needs to create a new bufferpool setup
when the setup on the sinkpad changes. Therefore, it needs to re-setup
these properties during connection time (capsnego). This won't be hard
to implement.

The second thing is that after this setup, I might still receive buffers
from the old bufferpool and put them back in the queue of the new
bufferpool. to eliminate this problem, I propose to add a var (as some
kind of parent class) in the struct GstXImage and GstXvImage, called
GstImage or so, which contains the size and type properties (size of
buffer and type GstXImage or GstXvImage). Nothing more. Both GstXvImage
and GstXImage can cast to this, and we can then check, when we receive
the buffer back, whether it still belongs in our buffer queue. If not,
delete it, else, put it back in the pool so we can re-use it.

This will take some days to program, but it'd solve the bug. Anyone who
really hates me now, or can I go ahead? :-).

Ronald