[gst-devel] alsasink crashing when you restart a stopped pipeline

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Tue Sep 17 04:05:03 CEST 2002

Hey guys,

In my playing with alsasink I came across this bug. When you set the
state from GST_STATE_PLAYING to GST_STATE_READY, and then back to
GST_STATE_PLAYING again, alsasink crashes. Test program attached
compiling should be easy :) run it with
./program ~/some.mp3 alsasink

It'll play 10 seconds of the mp3, and then stop, wait ten seconds and
crash.
If you change alsasink to osssink and run again, it'll play 10 seconds,
wait 10 play 10 seconds, wait 10...etc until you stop it.

Another error with alsasink seems to be that if you disable the timeout,
it plays the whole song through without problems until near the end when
it starts dumping
** (test-gst-alsa:3079): WARNING **: alsa: poll reports error.
 constantly.

iain

Backtrace: (4 is the event type that the event got, I added this myself)
** (test-gst-alsa:4966): WARNING **: got an event on alsasink 4

[Switching to Thread 1026 (LWP 4966)]
0x409b6daf in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6
#0  0x409b6daf in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x00008000 in ?? ()
#2  0x40d7911b in gst_alsa_loop (element=0x80c3458) at gstalsa.c:880
#3  0x40d22357 in gst_basic_scheduler_loopfunc_wrapper (argc=0, argv=0x80c3458)
    at gstbasicscheduler.c:279
#4  0x40d26a85 in cothread_stub () at cothreads.c:433
#5  0x40d26f56 in cothread_switch (thread=0x40e40000) at cothreads.c:639
#6  0x40d25a05 in gst_basic_scheduler_iterate (sched=0x80846d8)
    at gstbasicscheduler.c:1377
#7  0x403ae162 in gst_scheduler_iterate (sched=0x80846d8) at gstscheduler.c:609
#8  0x40390997 in gst_bin_iterate_func (bin=0x8083d98) at gstbin.c:776
#9  0x40390b36 in gst_bin_iterate (bin=0x8083d98) at gstbin.c:818
#10 0x403b141b in gst_thread_main_loop (arg=0x8083d98) at gstthread.c:701
#11 0x408b7e24 in pthread_start_thread_event (arg=0x40fffc00) at manager.c:274
--
"Find your own Calcutta" - Mother Teresa