[gst-devel] License field patch

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Sep 17 07:08:06 CEST 2002

Ok, here is my patch for adding a license field to GStreamer. I have
tested to work for the Goom plugin. If this core patch is ok, I will
progress to add license info to all plugins.

The license I will list is the effective license. Meaning that plugins
based on GPL libs will be listed as GPL. Other plugins will probably all
be listed as LGPL as that is the license of our plugin code. Of course
if I find that the underlying library has a license that adds special
considerations I will list that license instead of the LGPL.

Christian