[gst-devel] dparams

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Sep 20 11:20:05 CEST 2002

Hi list,

I want to add dparams for certain things in the video4linux plugins:
* audio properties (volume, mute, ...)
* image properties (brightness, hue, ...)
* video window
The first two won't be a problem, they're easy to implement. The last
one is a problem, though, since dparams currently allow only one
argument, and I'd need more (6, ideally) or I'd need s shared struct.
(but the 6 arguments on a function would be better). We could try to
implement something like the gobject signalling in dparams, so that you
can give a variable number of arguments... I could also simply hack up a
quick six-argument extra struct+function to the dparams (i.e. write a
register-callback function in the plugins that need it, and an extra
function to call this callback for use in applications), but that's
probably a bit evil. Does anyone have better ideas? I currently use
gobject properties to set these things, but that's not a very proper
solution, imo.

Ronald