[gst-devel] Reusing pipelines after EOS

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Sat Sep 21 05:14:04 CEST 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 01:58, Andy Wingo wrote:

> No, the plugin is too lame to do that ;)
>
> I'd see about fixing this if I weren't rebuilding gst-all, which can
> take a while on my machine. A patch to handle the state change properly
> would be nice.
>
> I have the feeling that a lot of gst plugins need this sort of
> state-change awareness testing.

Attached is a patch that doesn't destroy the channel on EOS, just sets a
var that marks the channel as having reached EOS. Then once all the
channels have reached EOS it marks the element as being EOS. Then on
state change it just resets all EOS markers to FALSE.

There's another small memory leak patch for int2float as well.

iain
--
"I don't see why [The United States] should stand by and let Chile go
communist merely due to the irresponsibility of its own people"