[gst-devel] learning - question

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Sun Sep 22 02:15:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I'm following the gst application developers manual, and I am modifying the
> example programs - a good way to learn.

I've been doing some reworking of the examples, if you find problems with
it let me know.  Some of the examples get extracted to code now which
compiles - maybe start by checking and testing those examples (They're in
examples/manual)

> I want to merely read an audio file (wav, au, whatever) and output it to an
> OSS sink.
>
> I'm chaining afsrc -> osssink, using a valid file for afsrc, and gettying
> this on stderr:

afsrc is probably in a state of flux right now.  Maybe try filesrc
location=.... ! wavparse ! osssink, that should work.

> -----
> ** (process:14785): WARNING **: gstaudio: could not get caps of pad src:src
>

> ** (process:14785): WARNING **: gstaudio: could not get caps of pad src:src
>
> DEBUG: afsrc: timestamp set on output buffer: 0.000000 sec
>
> Segmentation fault

segfaults are bad, if you can please provide a traceback.

Thomas

Whenever we meet you say you've changed
Like it's some gift you're not the same
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->