[gst-devel] gst-player

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Mon Sep 23 10:49:07 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 05:53:51PM +0200, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> 2-3 minutes? on what? I mean for a 400 MB mpeg I guess that could be
> acceptable, but on the average small clip of 5-50 MB I think that is a
> very long delay.

Obviously it runs faster on small clips.  However, the point i'm trying
is make is that we don't have to implement the ultimate incremental
real-time frame indexer on the first attempt.  i bet a lot of applications
could benefit sooner with a simple "index it all at once" type frame
indexer.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org