[gst-devel] gst-player error handling,

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Tue Sep 24 03:11:03 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 11:28:31AM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> The problem is, I don't know if it's a sane idea to change
> gst_media_play_new
> GstMediaPlay* gst_media_play_new (GError **error) ;)
>
> I'd like some feedback from others to know what to try here, especially on
> what other Gnome projects do in this case.

If you don't want to pass a GError into the constructor then you can
split creation into another method:

  void gst_media_play_init2 (GstMediaPlay *mp, GError **error);

However, i don't really see what this gains.  A media play is pretty
useless if the pipeline can't be constructed.  What's wrong with
adding the GError to the constructor?

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org