[gst-devel] Shouldn't GstRealPad's callbacks be virtual functions?

Martin Schulze MHL.Schulze at t-online.de
Thu Apr 3 01:52:13 CEST 2003

Hi!

In "struct _GstRealPad" I count 14 callbacks. However, they seem to
have the nature of virtual functions: a plugin defines a new pad type
and installs some callback that are unique to this new type.
But why isn't GstRealPadClass used to define real virtual functions
instead? This would make a lot more sense to me.

(Also, callbacks are harder to wrap in language bindings than virtual
functions :-) )

Regards,

   Martin