[gst-devel] gst-record status?

Darren Blaser darrenb at extendedsystems.com
Tue Apr 8 13:51:04 CEST 2003

The project index page
http://www.gstreamer.net/apps/gst-rec/
claims that a release is comming soon but I noticed that this index page
hasn't been edited since September 28, 2002 (more than 6 months ago).

Question 1:
What's up with gst-record? Is it a dead project or has it been sidelined
for some other reason? Are there any near term plans for an initial
release of gst-record?

Also, lately I've been wanting to convert all my home video tapes to VCD
and SVCD format. I'd even be happy to contribute a bit of code to help
get it done but I'd like to start with projects that are close enough
that I could reasonably expect to complete the task by this Christmas... :)

Question 2:
Are there sufficent gstreamer based applications in active development
now that one could reasonably expect to be able to do a video tape to
VCD conversion with only gstreamer based applications by the end of this
year?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, comments and last but not least
wild and crazy predictions of the future.

Darren